In this article, we bring you something extraordinary – the meaning of popular catch phrases – which will help you understand what your partner says vs what they really mean.
1. Can’t we just be friends? (What they say)
– There’s no chemistry. (What they really mean)
2. You’re just like my ex.
– You’re history. I hate you.
3. You deserve someone better than me.
– I’m already seeing someone else or I’ve decided to go back to my ex.
4. I thought I’d just stay in tonight.
– I have a date.
5. Do what you think is best.
– Do what I want…now!
6. We are more than friends.
– I am looking forward to a serious relationship with you.
7. I like you (a more urgent form of “we are more than friends”)
– I am head over heels in love with you.
By now you have understood all the material and can proudly call yourself a dating expert. You’ve diligently done the homework. All the best!
[…] If you or your partner really feel like this, then hop over to the last and final part of the art of dating – chapter five: catch phrases. […]
Comments are closed.